Monday, August 31, 2015

God of Miracles

My God is truly a God of Miracles.

We had zone conference on Friday with Presidente y Hermana LaPierre and the asistentes. About a week beforehand, the zone leaders asked me to prepare a special musical number, an arrangement of "If the Savior Stood Beside Me." I had never touched the piece before, and the only time I had to practice was during P-day. I practiced for several hours, but still could not make the piece peformance-ready. I prayed for divine assistance. The morning of the conference, I practiced a little before the missionaries began arriving, but the song was still full of errors.

Then the time came for me to perform. I began to play, and my fingers seemed to take on a strength and agility beyond their own. I executed a near-flawless performance.

It was a small thing, very insignificant, but no less a miracle than the feeding of the five thousand or the turning of water into wine. That is the miracle of the gospel: the Lord can make of us something more than we could ever achieve on our own.

Love you all!

Hermana Watts​

Hna Watts y Hna Castillo with Pres. y Hna LaPierre

No comments:

Post a Comment