Saturday, January 10, 2015

Here I Go!

Fresh air can do wonders for the confined soul.  Our visit to the temple last Monday was exactly the medicine I needed to overcome my claustrophobia.  After that, the MTC didn't seem so horrible.  I've finally started to get the hang of things here.  Figures.  Just when I've decided the MTC isn't so bad after all, I have to leave.

But it's okay, because on Monday, I get to fly to Argentina!  It's better than Disneyland!  Haha.

One of the members in my branch presidency, Hermano Nilsson (who, by the way, served the first six months of his mission in Posadas), gave me an inspired challenge this week.  He challenged me to write down my thoughts every time I thought I felt the Spirit.  At first it was frustrating, like trying to learn a new language.  But as the week progressed, I started to recognize and understand the whisperings of the Spirit in ways that I never thought I would be able to do.  I have had some beautiful and sacred experiences here in this institution.  The MTC may be a prison, but never let it be said that it is not spiritual.

I invite anyone who reads this to begin their own "spirit journal."  Every time you feel something that might be the spirit, write whatever thought is going through your mind at the time.  I promise that if you do this, you will truly learn the language of the Spirit.

I love you all!
Hermana Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment