Monday, February 15, 2016

In God We Trust

My companion and I had a thought-provoking conversation the other day about trust. What does it mean to trust in someone? Who do you trust? Why do you trust those people? I thought about the people I trust most in this world - Mom, Dad, my mission president. . . . and I laughed because I trust each of them in different ways. I trust my mom for somethings and my dad for others. (Like, I don't know if I could trust my dad to help me find cute clothes at the mall - Sorry Dad!) There are some things I discuss with my mission president that I don't talk about with my parents, like the needs of investigators. We talked about what it means to trust someone - maybe you tell them all your secrets, or you always go to that person for advice. And why do we trust those people? Because we know that they really have our best interests at heart.

It was funny, as we talked about trust and defined it in different ways, different people came to my head. But in the end, we realized that no matter how we tried to define trust, there was always one person who fit the description: our Heavenly Father. He knows all our secrets, and He will always give us good advice. He always has our best interests at heart. No one will take care of us better than He will.

We were able to share a few of those thoughts with our investigator Ana, who has been facing a lot of trials in her life and in her family. The most recent began Saturday night, when her boyfriend came down with a fever. Sunday morning we passed by to see if they were ready to come to church and found him in a very bad state. (Yes, he has dengue.) He tried to participate in the lesson and lasted maybe five minutes before he had to go lie down. So they couldn't come to church this week, and he can't go to work until he gets better, and with that and everything else that's been going on, we can tell that their family is getting a little discouraged. But we talked to Ana about trusting in God and learning from our trials, and she has so much faith. "I guess it could be a lot worse," she says. "I try to look on the bright side of things."

When we put our trust in God, He will help us through whatever difficulty life throws at us. He will never let us fall. He loves us!

Love,
Hermana Watts​

1 comment:

  1. So profound! I love about not trusting your Dad about choosing cute clothes! Lol

    ReplyDelete