Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Las Cataratas de Iguazú

So.  THAT day finally arrived.  I got to take the trip with all the honorably-returning missionaries to visit the Iguazú waterfalls.  It was a really special experience, not for the waterfalls, which are just as breathtaking as they were the last time I visited them, but for the company I was with.  These elders and sisters are incredible people, and I am grateful for their dedication and service.  Each of them is an example to me.  I am also grateful for the people we met along the trail - for José from Ecuador who has now visited six of the seven wonders of the world and who accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon and the invitation to read it, and for the sweet Japanese couple who tried so hard to speak English with me. 

Thinking about my experience at the falls, a thought came to me.  The cataratas surely are one of God's most impressive creations in this earth, but we, His children, are His greatest creation.  Every beautiful, wonderful thing in this world was created just for us.  His love for us is reflected in the beauty and magnificence of the world around us.  

May we all have eyes to see the evidence of God's love for us.

Love,
Hermana Watts





Top to bottom, left to right: Elder Merrell, Elder Gardner, Elder Rigby, Elder Herzog, Elder Mahoney, Hermana Runnells, Hermana Hartley, me, Hermana Dempsey, Elder Christiansen, and Elder Choca (with coatimundis)



José from Ecuador, at the ripe old age of 26, has visited 6 of the 7 natural wonders of the world - all he has left to see is Petra in Jordan.
This darling Japanese couple is studying English and traveling South America . . . they remind me of my grandparents, always learning, always traveling :)


No comments:

Post a Comment