Monday, November 16, 2015

The Adventure Continues . . .

Monday, November 9

Early Afternoon.
Other missionaries: "Hermana Watts, you have ​trámites! Be in the terminal at 9:30 tonight!"
Me: "Okay, great, where am I going?"
Them: "Asunción!"
Me: "Oh cool, last time I went to Asunción, we were only there one day. I don't need to bring anything!"

9:30 p.m.
We arrive in the terminal. Hermana Gavilán, Hermana Santos, and Hermana Martinez go home to the area where they will be staying until their companions return. Hermana Woodwell, Hermana Hartley, and I get cozy while we wait for the elders to buy our tickets.
Me: "Hermana Hartley, why do you have a suitcase? Why did you bring so much stuff?"
Hna. Hartley: "They told me that after Asunción I would go directly to Posadas for consejo."
Me: "Wait, you and Hermana Woodwell are both HLCs! What am I going to do? I don't have anyone to travel back to my area with me!"
Elders: "We're just going to go to Asunción and they'll tell us what to do from there."

11:30 p.m.
The bus leaves Ciudad del Este for Asunción.

Tuesday, November 10

5:30 a.m.
We arrive in Asunción and meet up with the missionaries who travelled from Encarnación, including the Secretary of Trámites, Elder Quesada.
Me: "Elder Quesada, what am I going to do after tramites? Hermana Woodwell and Hermana Hartley are going to Posadas for Consejo."
Elder Quesada: "Sorry Hermana Watts, I forgot about you. You'll just have to stay in Encarnación."

6:00 a.m.
We board the combi and go to the government building where we sign papers and stuff.
Me and Hermana Hartley, with Hermana Woodwell in the background
10:00 a.m.
We finish tramites and go to the temple.  Elder Quesada disappears on some official errand and doesn't come back until 3 hours later, so we take advantage of the time to snap pictures, buy stuff in the distribution center across the street, and nap.



1:00 p.m.
Elder Quesada reappears and we eat lunch.

4:00 p.m.
We board the bus for Encarnación.

9:30 p.m.
We arrive (exhausted) in Encarnación.  I get to stay the night with Hermana Albach and Hermana Lopez, who are wonderful.  It would have been a lot more fun if I had thought to bring a change of clothes, or at least a toothbrush.  But what can you do?

Wednesday, November 11

Late Afternoon.
After spending the day with Hermana Albach and Hermana Lopez, we return to the terminal in Encarnación to wait as missionaries begin crossing over from Consejo.  I start talking to my zone leader, Elder Graves.
Me: "What time does the bus leave for Ciudad del Este?"
Elder Graves: (eyes widen) "Oh no!  The hermanas aren't crossing over till tomorrow!  They have trámites in Posadas!  They forgot about you again!"
Me: "Hahaha good one!  But seriously, when does the bus leave?"
E' Graves: "No, I'm being serious!"
Me: "Very funny."
E' Graves: *pulls out cell phone and calls mission office*
Me: "Wait, you're actually serious?!"
A moment of horror passes, and then we realize that Hermana Barragan is in the terminal and also needs to travel to CdE.  I can travel with her and our companions can come when they are done with trámites.  

Late Evening.
While waiting for the bus, I seize the opportunity to go out to dinner with my friends Ariel y Liz (from Rama 3) and Hermana Barragan.
Reunited with Liz!




Thursday, November 12

12:30 a.m.
The bus for CdE leaves Encarnación.

5:30 a.m.
We arrive in our pension and go to sleep.

11:00 a.m.
And...back to work!
Jaha ñamba'apo!

Love,
Hermana Watts

Bonus Fotos

Branch Conference Choir!


Me and my companion, Hermana Gavilán

No comments:

Post a Comment