Monday, September 14, 2015

Under Attack

​What a week! Some days it just feels like everyone just wants to attack the Church. We talked with several well-meaning people who seemed to challenge every basic belief that brought me here to Argentina.

First, the Catholic father of Maribel, the little girl who will soon be baptized: "I like your church and have always gotten along great with the missionaries, but why do you have to be so selfish and say that you are the only true church?"

Second, Flavia, a Jehovah's Witness whose husband recently got baptized in the Church: "I would invite you to study and ponder Galatians 1:8-9, which reads that 'If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.'"

Finally, from María Nelly, one of our best investigators: "Why can't there be missionaries who just come and talk about God, without trying to convince me that their church is right? Churches are all just big political groups."

Ouch.

I know that there are a lot of churches which claim to be true. I understand how easy it is to believe that all of them, or none of them, are good and right. But I know that there is one church that is organized and directed by the Savior Himself. Only through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints can we receive the ordinances necessary for salvation and exaltation. I know because I asked God in prayer if it was true, and He answered my prayer through the power of the Holy Ghost.

My invitation to all is that you might ask God sincerely if the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true church upon the earth. I promise He will answer your prayers, as He did mine.

Love,
Hermana Watts

Pretty sure this is what paradise looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment