Monday, September 28, 2015

Bats in the Belfry (and other such nonsense)

I'm not really sure what a belfry is...but we have bats living above our pension. Who knew bats could be so noisy? I was able to tolerate them for a while, but my patience reached a limit when I came home one day to find little gifts all over my bed. Gross!

We went to visit Maribel and family this week. Her little brother is six months old. I don't think he likes me very much. I walked in, smiled my friendliest smile, and said, "¡Hóla!" - which of course prompted him to immediately burst into tears.


How many missionaries does it take to change a lightbulb?
Well, we had a lot of fun this week. I guess we had to relieve a lot of stress. But I promise we didn't spend all of our time fooling around. We had some very spiritual experiences. Last night, for example, we went to visit one of our investigators, a kind lady who always gives us cookies. She had one of her neighbors over; he was watching the Sunday night soccer game. But he was very friendly and willing to turn the volume down and participate in our discussion. We taught about the Restoration of the Gospel to Joseph Smith and explained the function of the prophet in the true Church of Jesus Christ. He seemed very interested. My companion had the inspiration, at one point during the lesson, to ask him (somewhat out-of-the-blue), "Do you believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God?"

Without hesitating, he said yes.

I know this, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is the one true church of God on the earth. He directs it through his prophet, Thomas S. Monson. I am so excited for the opportunity we have this weekend to hear the word of God through the mouth of His prophets and apostles in the General Conference of the Church. I invite all of you to watch it!

conference.lds.org

Love,
Hermana Watts



No comments:

Post a Comment