Monday, July 13, 2015

Hallelujah

I just wanted to share a brief thought that has been going through my mind this week. We spent a lot of time this week knocking on doors in the rain to look for people to teach with very little success. One day, I felt I had reached my limit. I was cold and wet and exhausted. Each of the (3) people who had let us in that day had told us bluntly that they were not interested in our message. As I entertained discouraged thoughts and feelings, the words of one of my mother's favorite songs came to my mind: "Even though it all went wrong, / I'll stand before the Lord of song / with nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah."

What a beautiful word. Hallelujah.

I love my God. He knows my sorrows and He sees my efforts. He knows perfectly how to succor me in my afflictions. Hallelujah!

All my love,
Hermana Watts

Pictures from Oberá (Elena's last area):

Hermanas Cuero, Watts, Monsivais, Finlinson, Quispe, and Aquino
Zona Garupá (most of them....)

Familia Rivero (Matías, Angeline, Antonela, Araceli, Cesar y Cesar Jr.)

Our Investigadora Susana

Stefani (a menos activo) with her brother Paul and her children Facundo and Chiara (#3 is due September 2; upon my suggestion, she is considering the name Stephen)  [Hermana Watts's brother, Stephen, was born on Sept. 2]


Our branch president (Presidente Antunes) and his family: Facundo, Leonel, Paolo, y Rosi 
Pictures from Eldorado (Elena's current area):

The view from my pension (four floors up!):


I have a story about this construction site...):

The Río Paraná: Look!  You can see Paraguay from here! (Hint: it's just across the river)




My beautiful companion and I





No comments:

Post a Comment