Monday, March 9, 2015

To My Sister



Dear Chiara,

This week I had the opportunity to witness a beautiful daughter of God enter the waters of baptism and make covenants with her Heavenly Father.  In just 6 months, you will get to do the same.  I am so excited for you!

I hope you know that​ your Heavenly Father loves you.  He saved you especially for this time to come to earth and be part of our family.  I am so grateful to have you as a sister!  

Heavenly Father has a special plan for you.  When you were born, our parents named you Chiara, which means light.  Sometimes the world is dark and scary, but you never need to be afraid because you are a light!  You were sent to be a light to your brothers and sisters, to help them find their way back to their heavenly home.

When you get baptized, you promise Heavenly Father that you will follow Him.  He will show you the way to go.  He wants you to come home to Him.  

I love you so much.  I am so excited for the day when you and Stephen and Joseph and Daniel and Mom and Dad and I will be together in the presence of God! 

Love,
Hermana Watts

Q & A

1.  We've heard that people are shorter over there?  Have you found that to be true?  Do you feel tall?

Oh yes.  There are a few taller people, but for the most part people are definitely shorter.  Thank goodness my companion is a couple inches taller than me, or I would really feel out of place!

2. Tell us more about the people that you are teaching.

We are teaching a girl named Liz who is in her early twenties.  She is super great!  She's actually taken all the discussions like two or three times already, but when it came time to be baptized something always came up.  But we believe she's going to do it this time!  Her boyfriend is a super strong member who got baptized a year ago June, so that's maybe some extra incentive for her - haha.  We had a date set for this Saturday, but we're going to have to postpone it because she wants her boyfriend to be the one to baptize her and he can't this Saturday.

3. Describe a typical meal for us.  Joseph is wondering about the meat - what kinds of meat are you served and how is it typically cooked?

A typical meal consists of a lot of pasta, sometimes with vegetables, and usually served with a big chunk of meat still on the bone.  I'm not really sure what kind of meat it is...probably beef?  It's usually really good, I would just prefer not to have to cut it off the bone.

4. How many branches/wards are in Encarnación?

I don't know, I think there's at least 5.  There are two zones in Encarnación, and our zone has Rama 1 (Branch 1), Rama 3, and Rama 5, as well as a few areas outside of Encarnación.

5. Does each branch have about two sets of missionaries?

Each branch has one or two.  Actually, I think our branch is the only one in the zone with two sets of missionaries.


No comments:

Post a Comment